What does “membership” mean?
It means that you have committed to follow Jesus Christ and to live out that discipleship here at Calvary. We expect that our members are excited about creating our vision and are ready to be an official part of this long-term mission here in Holland Heights. Members also have an official vote at congregational meetings and are eligible to be in an official leadership position (Deacon or Elder).
What do I commit to?
We want to be a place where all people are welcome to go deeper in their faith. Membership means that you can, with good conscience, answer these faith questions. They’re part of our welcoming service and we think they’re a great way to summarize the basics of our faith.
- Do you renounce evil in your life and in the world? (I renounce them.)
- Who is your Lord and Savior? (Jesus Christ.)
- Will you be a faithful member of this congregation? (I will.)
- Do you promise to walk in a spirit of Christian love with this congregation? (I do.)
If you have any questions of concerns about the specific beliefs and mission of Calvary, please do not hesitate to set up a time to talk with us.
What do I need to do to become a member?
- Attend the Explorer Group (on a Sunday afternoon; offered twice a year in fall and later winter).
- Meet with the Elders on and share your faith story with them (this is 100% less intimidating than it sounds; it is a powerful time of honesty and vulnerability)
- Be publicly welcomed during our Community Worship.
We can’t answer all of your questions here. So that’s why our staff and leadership are always happy to talk about these things. Contact us!